Questions & Answers
* Why are you running for Governor? *
I love my state, and I believe it's the best place to raise a family.
I grew up here, and I want to see it continue to be a state we all can be proud of.
I want to encourage communities to become more active,
I don't want Idaho to just be a vacation spot. Idaho is OUR HOME.
I want to see more family businesses and family minded businesses come to Idaho.
* How do you feel about legalizing drugs? *
I do not agree with legalizing drugs. Enough drugs are getting into the hands of children.
I think we need to fix that problem before trying to approve other problems.
* How do you feel about Mask/Vaccine mandates? *
I feel it is up to each individual person.
The Government shouldn't dictate that.
I do think that individual businesses have the right to choose if they want to require it of customers.
Similar to the NO SHIRT, NO SHOES, NO SERVICE signs.
* You haven't done this before. Why now? *
Why not now?
I would like to see more people who care about our state stand up and run.
I would be disappointed in myself if I didn't try for the risk of failure.
* Where do you stand on medical freedom and privacy of medical information?
I strongly support medical freedom. Every person should have the right to choose what kind of medicines or treatments go into their bodies. My hardest part is when it comes to religious beliefs that do not allow medicine or treatments. The only reason is because the parent is no longer making the decision for themselves but for a child. I believe that parents should consider all options and not just turn a blind eye if there is medicine or treatments that can help their child to have a more fulfilling and productive life. Privacy should always be respected. I do not agree with passports or even the school system requesting proof of vaccination.
* Where do you stand on second amendment rights?
I absolutely support our second amendment right to bear arms. I believe that we all have the right to defend ourselves. Obviously if someone has used a gun to commit a crime, they in my opinion gave up their right.
* Red Flag Laws?
While I get the point of Red Flag Laws, I don’t back them because in my opinion a person should have to commit a crime that would warrant them to lose their weapon or to be flagged so that they cannot purchase a weapon. I do not want to see anything happen to somebody by allowing them to keep their weapon but at the same time it is their right. I would hope that there is much more help to offer as opposed to automatically taking or banning the right to bear arms from any legal citizen.
* Gun and ammo regulations?
As a person who likes to target practice on cans, I do not look at somebody who saves up ammunition as an automatic threat. I do not believe that the State or Federal government has the right to tell legal citizens how much they can buy. Illegal immigrants I do not believe should have the right to purchase or stock up guns or ammunition. Any illegal immigrant who is found with weapons should have the weapons confiscated and if they commit any crimes they should be deported.
* Where do you stand on Idaho’s adherence to both the Constitution of the United States and the Constitution of the State of Idaho?
I’m sure there are things I do not know but I think that Idaho has done a pretty good job at adhering to both the Constitution of the United States and the Constitution of the State of Idaho.
* In general, do you support the Republic Union of the States, or would you work towards a stronger federalist system of government?
I strongly support the Republic Union of the States. When “I pledge allegiance to the flag of the United States of America and to the Republic for which it stands...One Nation Under God, Indivisible, With Liberty and Justice FOR ALL.” I remember in school the feeling I had saying those words and feeling like I was part of something great. I was pledging to be a good person who would stand up for others. While not being perfect and of course being human therefore making mistakes here and there through my life those words have always stayed true.
* Do you feel Governor Little has used the State of Emergency appropriately or has abused the State of Emergency?
I think he has abused the State of Emergency so that the State of Idaho could get more money from the federal government. When he allowed mask mandates and kept people from going to parks or church; while I understand he was probably doing what he thought was best with COVID; he still went against both the Constitution of the United States and the Constitution of the State of Idaho.
“(7) During the continuance of any state of disaster emergency, neither the governor nor any agency of any governmental entity or political subdivision of the state shall impose or enforce any additional restrictions on the lawful manufacturing, possession, transfer, sale, transport, storage, display or use of firearms or ammunition or otherwise limit or suspend any rights guaranteed by the United States constitution or the constitution of the state of Idaho, including but not limited to the right to peaceable assembly or free exercise of religion.
* Do you feel that the Idaho Constitution has appropriate conditions on the State of Emergency to prevent abuse or do you feel that we need to make legislative changes to this provision?
Yes, I do. The only thing is are the people who were elected and put in these positions doing their job?
“(2) A disaster emergency shall be declared by executive order or proclamation of the governor if he finds a disaster has occurred or that the occurrence or the threat thereof is imminent. The state of disaster emergency shall continue until the governor finds that the threat or danger has passed, or the disaster has been dealt with to the extent that emergency conditions no longer exist, and when either or both of these events occur, the governor shall terminate the state of disaster emergency by executive order or proclamation; provided, however, that no state of disaster emergency may continue for longer than thirty (30) days unless the governor finds that it should be continued for another thirty (30) days or any part thereof. The legislature by concurrent resolution may terminate a state of disaster emergency at any time. Thereupon, the governor shall issue an executive order or proclamation ending the state of disaster emergency. All executive orders or proclamations issued under this subsection shall indicate the nature of the disaster, the area or areas threatened, the area subject to the proclamation, and the conditions which are causing the disaster. An executive order or proclamation shall be disseminated promptly by means calculated to bring its contents to the attention of the general public and unless the circumstances attendant upon the disaster prevent or impede, be promptly filed with the Idaho office of emergency management, the office of the secretary of state and the office of the recorder of each county where the state of disaster emergency applies.”
* Do you feel that the Idaho Senate and Assembly were handicapped by current regulations and unable to address what some felt was abuse of power?
I don’t think they were handicapped but I do think that there were several who agreed with what was going on that they didn’t do their part to stop it or change it.
* Can you explain why the State of Emergency is still in effect?
* What are your opinions on the State and Federal funding of Idaho’s public school system?
I don’t believe that the Federal Government should be paying into public schools because it seems to make them think they have some sort of authority in what happens in the schools. I think that the State of Idaho should not be funding colleges since they are charging tuition to those who wish to attend college. I think that more work needs to go into our schools to make sure they are using money to actually help the children and not just to upgrade their school's reputation. In my opinion students should be going to school to learn. Sports should not be the focal point of our schools.
* Do you feel that illegal immigration into the United States is having an impact in Idaho?
I feel illegal immigration affects every state including Idaho.
* What do you feel Idaho should be doing to mitigate or assist with this issue?
All illegal immigrants should be deported. With the way that the U.S. is being flooded with illegal immigration with the help of the current administration we need to be able to say no for Idaho. Idaho needs to step up and push for border patrol to be allowed to do their job. There is a right way to enter the country and the current administration needs to start doing their job.
The Central Banking System is heading for some major changes.
* Are you familiar with the Great Reset?
I know a little about the Great Reset but not enough to form a solid opinion.
* Do you see that as a positive or negative thing?
By what I have learned it can have some positive effects on our environment but at the same time it gives big corporations a way to continue doing what they want while having control over the everyday working man.
As Idaho has grown in population, property values and property taxes have skyrocketed.
* Do you have a plan to address this?
I would like to see property taxes cut down to half for the first two years with the hope of that being enough time to re-do all spending so that after that property taxes could be abolished.
* Are you aware of how this affects individuals that are on a fixed income and have owned their home for many years and now are being forced out of their homes due to taxes based on a virtual value of their home?
I know it is wrong. I would not know how to put into polite words my opinion on this. It’s just wrong.
* Would you consider rate freezes based on age or income and number of years of ownership of the current home?
I think that legal citizens of the State of Idaho aged 55 and over who occupy their home should not be paying any property taxes for the first two years that it is cut down to half. I believe no legal citizen of the State of Idaho should be paying any property taxes at all. The State needs to re-do all their spending and work within what they have. I would hope that within the first two years they can get a plan together so that by the beginning of year three property taxes could be abolished.
* Would you consider a system like California’s Proposition 13?
I have not kept up on California laws so I had to look it up and reading this...I would say yes if cannot do away with property taxes for Idaho residents completely. Listed next is what I saw to do with this subject.
“Proposition 13 initiated sweeping changes to the California property tax system. The primary changes are explained below.
1. One Percent Rate Cap. Proposition 13 capped, with limited exceptions, ad valorem property tax rates at one percent of full cash value at the time of acquisition. Prior to Proposition 13, local jurisdictions independently established their tax rates, and the total property tax rate was the composite of the individual rates, with few limitations.
2. Assessment Rollback. Proposition 13 rolled back property values for tax purposes to their 1976 level. 3. Responsibility for Allocating Property Tax Transferred to State. Proposition 13 gave state lawmakers responsibility for allocating property tax revenues among local jurisdictions. Prior to Proposition 13, jurisdictions established their tax rates independently and property tax revenues depended solely on the rate levied and the assessed value of the land within the agency’s boundaries.
4. Reassessment Upon Change of Ownership. Proposition 13 replaced the practice of annually reassessing property at market value with a system based on cost at acquisition. Prior to Proposition 13, if homes in a neighborhood sold for higher prices, neighboring properties might have been reassessed based on the newly increased area values. Under Prop. 13, the property is assessed for tax purposes only when it changes ownership. As long as the property is not sold, future increases in assessed value are limited to an annual inflation factor of no more than 2%.
5. Vote Requirement for State Taxes. Proposition 13 requires any measure enacted for the purpose of increasing state revenues to be approved by two thirds vote of each house of the legislature.
6. Voter Approval for Local “Special” Taxes. Proposition 13 requires taxes raised by local governments for a designated or special purpose to be approved by two-thirds of the voters”
Many states do not have a tax on groceries.
* Would you consider abolishing Idaho’s grocery tax?
I would absolutely want to abolish tax on groceries.
* Why or why not?
They way I’m understanding it is that Idaho’s grocery tax only covers a small portion of anything. My opinion is Idaho can learn to spend a little less and let the people keep their money.
* With the current level of price inflation that is not matched by wage increases would you consider a decrease in the percentage of the grocery tax?
I want to see the grocery tax gone. At the same time like in Oregon and elsewhere stores tend to just increase the price of products so you still are paying the same amount while thinking you are saving because there’s no tax.
No one person stands on their own in government.
* What other current candidates would you like to see win alongside you?
While I do not yet know all there is to know about each candidate I am leaning towards Priscilla Giddings for Lieutenant Governor. If I was to win, I would want a partner in the Lieutenant Governor. For Secretary of State, I’m looking at both Dorothy Moon and Mary Souza. I’ve only met Dorothy Moon one time and it was only a brief meeting. I am not choosing based on what political party they are in. I’m trying to find out more about the people themselves so I can pick the ones I believe would honestly try their best for our state. People who really care about our state and the people in it.
* Who are you looking forward to working with?
I would like to have the chance to work with Priscilla Giddings.
* If you are currently in an elected public office and are running for a different office, please explain why you have chosen the new office and how you feel you can serve us better in the new position?
I am not currently in an elected public office. I work as an in-home health care worker.
* Lastly, what do you have to offer that makes you the best candidate for the job?
I would not say that I would be the BEST candidate for the office of Governor, but I do know that I would work the hardest to become the best. I do not have experience like others do and I do not have the education that others do but I do have a love for my state, and I am a hard worker. With me there is no hidden agenda. There is no lying, altering, or withholding truths in order to get what I want. With me you have somebody who believes that in order for things to work smoothly you must be able to work with your team.